TorontoNightclub.com Home      Forums      Guestlists      Register Now!
Old 07-30-2007, 09:13 PM

Friends: (0)
Default POLICE RAID AT REPUBLIK

THIS IS FROM THE TORONTO STAR

Nightclub employees face drug charges

Jul 30, 2007 02:44 PM
Rachel De Lazzer
Staff Reporter

Two employees of the Republik Lounge, a nightclub located in the middle of the city's Entertainment District, have been charged with drug trafficking.

Police executed a search warrant at the club around 1:15 a.m. Sunday. They had been investigating the club, on Richmond St. W. at John St., for some time.

Toronto resident Daniel Park, the bar's 38-year-old corporate manager, was arrested and charged with three counts of trafficking cocaine and one count of possession of cocaine.

****THIS WAS A SET UP***** NONE OF THIS IS TRUE. I HAVE NEVER SOLD DRUGS IN MY LIFE. Please do not believe what you will likely be hearing and reading over the next little while.

IF YOU KNOW OF ANYONE WHO WAS HURT IN THE RAID OR TREATED UNFAIRLY PLEASE CONTACT THE CLUB AND YOU WILL BE PART OF A LARGE GROUP THAT WILL BE HEARD BY THE GOVERNMENT!!!

I would love to clear the air for everyone on this website, but I have been advised by my counsel not to give any details until the matter is resolved. The truth will be uncovered in due time and I'm hoping that the community with whom I have worked and loved for the past 14 years will be there to support me during this time.

If you know me, you already know the truth.

Thank you my friends,
Daniel Park
Old 07-31-2007, 11:18 AM
The World Is Mine!

Friends: (6)

Dont believe the hype! This is a setup.

This is yet another ploy by the city, the police force and Adam Vaughan to rid the entertainment district of clubs. They have targeted REPUBLIK as it is the largest venue in the downtown core.

Drugs are rampant throughout many venues, and especially the smaller seedier places. The POLICE know fully well that drugs exist in every bar.
If this was about drugs, then why wouldn't the police go after actual dealers.

Besides, if you really wanted to catch these guys, could you not do it during the day, at their house, etc. They had a warrant for Dan Park, who is not a drug dealer.

The fact that they targeted a major club, in the middle of the strip, at a peak point on a Saturday night is the question. The report doesnt say anything about 15-20 armed and loaded Emergency Task Force storming the club single file with guns pointed and flashlights, sending all 1500 patrons in to shock and placing them all in danger. The report doesnt talk about staff and patrons in the VIP lounge pinned down to the ground at gun point on top of broken glass, etc.

The Agenda here is clear. Target a club, find a reason to arrest someone, blast it to the media, strike fear in the hearts of clubbers and their parents who will deem that the club district is unsafe and a drug den, shut down clubs.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:38 AM
needing to update my status.

Friends: (2)

That's not cool at all.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:01 PM
Club XS

Again, if you were hurt by police or present this night please contact the club at 416 598 1632, leave your name and phone number. We will contact you for your info.

We need the truth to come out.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:29 PM
liking it here

when i heard this... on Z103 this morning i was shocked
i personally dont know Dan Park, but have heard all good and positive things about him.. Rico is right...City is trying to attack at Premier Venue in the entertainment district, sad thing is, Republik is one of the best managed Venue i have been too and worked for... and it all starts at the top with Arthur and Dan...
Old 07-31-2007, 01:18 PM

Not only are Dan and Arthur great and top notched, but so are the few others who are their bosses.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:04 PM

Send a message via MSN to hellrazor

So Mc Slick got arrested as well on cocaine trafficking as well I heard?
Old 08-01-2007, 07:59 AM

Send a message via MSN to Lil'C

Wow. What a fucking joke! I'm lost for words, other than...do they take us to be that fucking naive? I worked for Dan and for those of you who also know him and worked for him...it's actually funny to think that he has time to or would even be stupid enough to run a mini-cartel during the hours of operation at Republik. C'mon folks, reality check. This whole nightclub defamation process is officially taking it's first steps by the city in co-operation with the Toronto Police. Welcome to the CNN version of Toronto! Good luck Dan (although I'm sure you won't be needing it)
Old 08-01-2007, 01:20 PM

That blows!

it's the beginning of the end....

So what is the status of Republik?
Old 08-01-2007, 02:20 PM

you have read the "official" story,

Now here is my opinion of what the real story is.

At about 1:15 am on Sarturday the police executed a search warrant looking for an individual that they allege was selling drugs. They raided the club, about 100 of them. Many of them allegedly entered the VIP area with their guns drawn. ETF was there in helmets and full armour.

I was downstairs at the time and saw the ETF enter. However I was not upstairs where all the commotion allegedly took place.

Apprently, the sound guy upstairs had a gun pointed in his face. Also, apprently the guns were drawn and everyone was ordered to the ground. Allegedly, customers were tazered and beaten with the ends of rifle butts. Apparently, a lot of people ended up going to the hospital. It is alleged that police threw a couple of waitresses to the ground and held them by their throat with their boots. One waitress had multiple cuts to her legs. Security offered NO resistance and was allegedly injured by the police.

All this to allegedly find less than an ounce of drugs. Charges of that even have yet to be proven. And in my opinion, is just a scape goat for the real cause.

It is my opinion that the police acted completely irresponsibly and apparently injured a lot of patrons and employees to send a message to clubland that we are no longer welcome. Alot of people are still in shock and are absolutely disgusted.

Its interesting that none of this has appeared in the media. Only the charges.

I know Dan quite well and it would be very shocking to me if he were guilty of these charges. I don't believe them for a minute.

This city is in BIG BIG trouble folks
Old 08-01-2007, 02:27 PM

Friends: (1)

Well I just found out some details about this, and I'm absolutely appalled by all this.

it's absolutely IRRESPONSIBLE on the part of our police department to execute an arrest warrant for an individual in SUCH A PUBLIC place.

You don't jepordize the safety of 1500 people to arrest 1 individual.

This is obviously a politically backed decision by our left wingnuts (MILLER, VAUGH, and police chief Blair) in cahoots iwth each other.

I'm totally against frivolous suits against the city, but in this case, it's more than warranted.

On one hand, politicians need to pay for this bullshit, on the other, i'm not really up for flipping the bill (and tax payers will), for the serious lack of discretion and concern from incompetents thats running our city.

there must be some sort of process where we can oust vaughn and miller before their terms are up!?
Old 08-01-2007, 04:18 PM
TORONTO FC

There has to be away to get Miller and his crew out. Damn.

Its just bullshit!
Old 08-01-2007, 08:16 PM

Can the RCMP not be called in to look at this? My buddy's friend was working at Republik and said the same thing as Jayx1...like they were breaking into a goddamn Hells Angels hidout looking to take everyone down. What a fucking joke...I'm dumbfounded. I just don't like how they're trying to use Republik as an example. Maybe there's no grease from Republik coming their way, who knows. This better be held accountable and someone from one of the major media outlets better step up and tell the real story!
Old 08-01-2007, 09:09 PM

Ohh There's way of getting these morons out of office.But it would take alot of investigation and money..For Example Don't You think there's a large kickbacks for every condo building that is being built???

And Why I have said it before..Why in Mammolitis area or riding there's sooooooo many rub n Tugs???? Don't you think for a second someone is getting a nice envelope at the end of the day????

And Finally I come to my good friend Adam Vaughn..Adam reminds me of those Preachers on TV that say Thou Shalt not commit Fornication meanwhile theres a chick banging the preacher at the end of the church service..Adam Vaughn saying..Close all the clubs meanwhile probably has nightclub theme in his basement and does an eight ball everyweekend..I hear him sniffing alot...Can't be the cat..The bottom line is there's a skeleton in everyones closet, until someone has the balls to do the investigation.Then continue to see your city destroyed.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:30 AM
The World Is Mine!

Did you know that this operation which has been in the works for sometime now cost the city of Toronto....aka YOU the taxpayers....somewhere in the TENS of Thousands of dollars.

:roll:
Old 08-02-2007, 12:01 PM

Friends: (7)
Send a message via MSN to Kris

not to sound like an asshole, or insult anyone involved but...

1. how come the only place i've heard about this is on tnc?
2. why was this moved to the cor?
3. has anyone who was there taken anything to the media yet or made it public? why not?

the problem i find is everyone always complains about the toronto government, and mayor miller, etc, but no one really does anything about it, except for complain. jayx1, you were talking about how the people in spain started rally's after the train bomb... how come no one here is starting up a rally down at queens park? too much work?

Without a doubt i believe what they did in this case was wrong, and i back up the sources from republik 100%, but i think if you want something done about it, you should actually do something about it
Old 08-02-2007, 01:33 PM
TNCs Mixologist! New cocktail recipe every Friday...

Friends: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris
i think if you want something done about it, you should actually do something about it
Kris, you're 100% right but understand that in order to take on the big guys, you need a well calculated plan. One wrong or misrepresented statement can blow the club's credibility.

Rest assured action is being taken. Those involved are just doing their due diligence to ensure that any action they take is done properly.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:36 PM

Why was this moved to the Chill-out room? Is Richard afraid of the pigs? :wink:
Old 08-02-2007, 03:04 PM

There is a pending litigation... criminal and civil.. that might be it?

someone shoudl shoot some facts to a reporter...this is definitely juicy news...

i.e. how may police officers approx. witness accounts. time, approximate counters @ republik etc.

thsi time, i have to say that the pigs where just executing orders...

fuck... imagaine the level of approval needed to execute a warrant of that magnitude?

yeah... talk about hush money, how come no news paper tv was on it??

CNN would have been all over this!

Someone should look into who the financial backers of Vaughn and his campaign!?? i think there's a lot of 'development' money involved...
Old 08-02-2007, 07:05 PM

You know what's funny...one of my ex-promoters who now works as a host for Republik, said that just 6 weeks ago, the staff of Republik along with a few representatives of the Toronto Police got together and discussed certain bylaws, things to improve on, ways to avoid things, etc. The Toronto Police, at that time, actually gave Republik a big thumbs up on their overall professionalism in regards to running their operation and said that they were considered to be one of the best and cleanest ran nightclubs in the downtown core. The security of Republik were thanked for their co-operation and that was that.

Some things to know with what happened. These are facts.

1. Over 100 ETF Officers stormed into the club through the side doors and made their way up to the VIP Area of Republik just after 1:00.
2. Everyone in the VIP was thouroughly searched - girls with bags had their belongings dumped everywhere, personal items destroyed.
3. The officers smashed the doors that the bartenders use to go in and out of their bar, and guns were held to their head if they made a move.
4. The guns that all these ETF guys had drawn were the ones with the red laser on the front for optimum aim precision. If you were to take a picture at one point, you'd be able to count at least 50 people at once with their hands up and a red circle in the middle of their forhead.
5. This all because they apparently had an arrest warrant for Dan in violation of drug trafficking.
6. My friend said that she noticed that 2 of the main ETF guys were bottle service clients that had recently become regulars at Republik that past 4 weeks.

So apparently, after all this brute force and unnecessary action, Police found $30 work of "blow" on Mr. Park. LOL. Are you fucking kidding me? Not even a half gram! There were ALOT of people injured, all women were balling their eyes out, people were searched and stripped, threatened of their lives and their wills were challenged. All because Dan likes to keep a little "persy" on him for the night. Dan is a stand up guy, known to be the people person out of all of Republik's management's staff. If the guy is being suspected of dealing cocaine, is it really necessary to ransack the club that he works at? I see some very big consequences coming in the way of the Toronto Police. Trust me folks...this won't go unnoticed.

We all know what the goal of this was, but do they think that making an example out of one of Toronto's best and biggest clubs is just going to fizzle away? Gonna be very interesting to see!
Old 08-03-2007, 10:20 AM

Fuck the mroe I think about this, the more upset i get.

imagine the training, briefing, overtime/budge hours for the 100 eFT officers... the level of approval..

the judged the signed the warrant.!?
Old 08-07-2007, 04:33 AM

Send a message via MSN to Timmy

unfuckingbelievable...

pure bullshit!!
Old 08-08-2007, 11:25 PM

They were pulling the same bullshit at Helium 5 years ago!!!
When they decide your too busy they try and throw a spanner in the works! They admitted it was motovated by poliical pressure from above.

They'd show up with a CITY BUILDING INSPECTOR, in the middle of a busy night and make us turn the lights on and the music off so he could measure the stair heights to see if they were up to building codes????

One time security caught a guy with coke and handed him to the cops at the front door. A week later we got an AGCO charge for "permitting narcotics on premises".

They'd come barging through the front door and run around looking for shit to charge us with. They never found one single thing, EVER!
All the charges they hit us with came from "undercover operations" with the undercover officer claiming there were numerous people openly smoking weed on the night they happened to be in???As if! They just made up crap.

Police harrasment is part of the club biz.
But what has happened at Republik is the worst case I've ever heard of. I'm in shock that this would happen in Toronto.
This story needs to become more public...
Old 08-09-2007, 09:46 AM

Friends: (13)

I've been reading this and I can say that what the cops did was disgusting. I agree, it should be made public. But who's going to do it. Also, if you want to make it public, move it out of COR and put it in the main lounge..

Femme
Old 08-09-2007, 11:19 AM
The World Is Mine!

The truths will come out in the courts and hopefully made public.
Those "in the know" know what really happened.

Craig , I hear you. The AGCO has unlimited power of which they fully flex. They can walk into your venue at any time and state that patrons are drunk without actual proof, ie breathalizer, professional medical opinion.

The 45 day suspension Republik is currently facing has nothing to do with the raid, it is for a previous "offense". It just so happens to be good timing as August is typically slow, and staff need time off after this traumatic event.

Here are the AGCO's ground rules for removing a patron and/or issuing fines/bans
If you stagger, you are drunk
If you talk loudly and seem excited then, you are drunk
If you speak slowly and with a low voice, you are drunk
If you are dancing without a care, you are drunk
If they feel like kicking you out for any reason, they can!

Someone needs to govern the AGCO from this Martial Law they seem to have.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:46 PM

You want the public to know

Speak out here:

http://www3.thestar.com/cgi-bin/star..._services.html

If you read the article, Miller has asked that Police Services cut $10 million from their budget, I'm sure this frivoulous use of $'s could have been avoided.

Just don't say something ridiculous such as "Dan rides a bike which therefore means he can't deal drugs", "He leads a simple life".

Keep emotion out of it. State the facts - they used excessive force for no reason while putting others in danger. Remember, outside of the club kids (us), many people don't give a rats ass about the Entertainment District's woes.

Article:
http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/245002

Speak Out:
http://www3.thestar.com/cgi-bin/star..._services.html
Old 08-10-2007, 02:51 PM

As a matter of fact it's probably best not to mention anything about Dan, you never know what may incriminate him.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:32 PM
The World Is Mine!

Hence why nothing is being said yet.

Join the Free Dan Park / Republik facebook group
Old 08-11-2007, 10:48 AM

This thread is starting to sound more like FREE TIBET
Old 08-19-2007, 04:43 PM

Send a message via MSN to chinamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo
Here are the AGCO's ground rules for removing a patron and/or issuing fines/bans
If you stagger, you are drunk
If you talk loudly and seem excited then, you are drunk
If you speak slowly and with a low voice, you are drunk
If they feel like kicking you out for any reason, they can!
if you are having fun, you are drunk.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:04 PM
Preparing.

Old 09-05-2007, 05:11 PM
just re-discovering TNC.

Send a message via MSN to LuShhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo

Wow.... i hadn't heard about this until now, but wow...

Good to see Toronto's tax money hard at work :roll:
Old 09-05-2007, 08:54 PM
The World Is Mine!

Lushhh, yuo wouldnt last 10 seconds under these brute's watch.

Whan all a girl wants to do is have fun.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:21 AM
just re-discovering TNC.

Send a message via MSN to LuShhh

I guess I'll just have to shake my ass at home ...
Old 09-06-2007, 05:07 PM
The World Is Mine!

PS REPUBLIK is open again very soon

Fri Sep 21 - FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT TO PARTY
Mix Master Mike from the Beastie Boys is our special guest DJ

Fri Sep 28 - DETENTION
We've been so bad, we're going to DETENTION - Naughty Schoolgirl Party
Old 09-22-2007, 04:25 PM

Send a message via MSN to Trent Walker

YES! It's all one big conspiracy. lol